The Roadmap to Breastfeeding Success: Teaching Child Development to Extend Breastfeeding Duration.
Presented by Jan Tedder BSN,FNP,IBCLC
ACCREDITATION: 2L CERPS - 2CPD hours. IBLCE APPROVAL: C1991346 Australian College of Midwives Endorsed Activity - 2 CPDs
Course Objectives – At the end of this program you will be able to:
• List the benefits of breastfeeding to baby, mother and community and WHO recommendation for breastfeeding duration.
• Describe Dr. T Berry Brazelton’s Touchpoints theory and how misunderstanding baby’s behavior impacts breastfeeding.
• Describe developmental events impacting breastfeeding: prenatally; at birth, at two weeks, at one month; when mother returns to work; at four months, six months, nine months, and twelve months.
• Describe three available resources to enhance mothers’ understanding of child development and breastfeeding changes during the first year of life.
1. LESSON ONE: Introduction
2. LESSON TWO: Variables impacting breastfeeding
3. LESSON THREE: The Roadmap’s First Steps along the Way
4. LESSON FOUR: The Roadmap’s 2-Week, 1-Month
5. LESSON FIVE: The Roadmap’s Working, 4-month & 6-month
6. LESSON SIX: The Roadmap’s Nine- and Twelve-Month and HUG Resources
7. LESSON SEVEN: Research and Using HUG in your Practice
Please watch the videos in order then complete the online quiz. You can watch the videos over multiple sessions and will then have 3 attempts to complete the quiz successfully. You will have 30 Days to complete the Module from the date you commence. The course will be available online until 31 December 2021.